Foundations of Betrayal Trauma Recovery with Bryn Merida
Maybe you've just made a painful discovery, and don't know where to turn. Maybe you've been told you need to “focus on your own recovery” yet:
- You're not sure where or how to start
- What are the right kind of therapists or treatments or steps I can can take for me, my spouse, our relationship?
- Don't have any ideas of what to say or what to do about my relationship
- Feel confused or powerless about taking steps with the people you love, and you don't want to lose them but can't let things stay the same
This group for starting recovery from betrayal trauma will empower you to get you started in the right direction.
In this group you will go from feeling stuck, confused and chaotic, to confident, calm and in control as you learn what steps you can take for your safety and healing.
This 5-week foundational group is a shared roadmap for beginners who want safety, peace, clarity and confidence in their personal recovery, but just don't know how to do it.
We'll share the strategies that's worked for us. We'll learn what a safe and secure connection with safe people who “get it” feels like. We'll learn about the common milestones are for a successful recovery from betrayal trauma that will empower you to take control of your own steps.
We'll learn how to avoid common pitfalls and mistakes that can cause delay, dissatisfaction and potentially more trauma and pain.
Monday Daytime Sessions 10:00am MT/11:00am CT/12:00pm ET
- June 5, 2023
- June 12, 2023
- June 19, 2023
- June 26, 2023
- July 3 – no meeting because of US holiday 3-day weekend
- July 10, 2023
Meetings will be via Zoom and be recorded for replay.
About your group facilitator:
Bryn is a recovering spouse, who is specially trained to facilitate betrayal trauma informed, safe recovery groups.
– I’ve been a massage therapist for 20 years
– Have been working my recovery for 4.
– Both a partner and a non offending partner
– I’ve had a personal mediation practice for 5 years
– I'm passionate about helping women learn to reconnect with their inner wisdom through interoceptive awareness support groups.
Who this group is for:
If you recently discovered secret sexual betrayal because of what you suspect is sexual addiction or compulsive behaviors.
You're ready to put the focus on yourself instead of your partner
You are ready to learn new concepts, insights and skills to find safety and emotional stability so you can find your inner wisdom to make good decisions for yourself, your family and your relationship
Who this group is not for:
If you're not able to spend time on camera sharing, and showing that you're listening to other's shares. (Healing happens in community here!)
If you have other diagnosed mental health struggles that need to be prioritized at this time.
If you believe the only solution is getting your partner to stop his behaviors (he must, but that's not enough to help you feel safe and complete your healing.)