Betrayal & Beyond Study Group
$60.00 / month for 9 months
- How did he get this way?
- How can I tell if he is getting better?
- Can I ever trust him again?
- What do I do now?
- What if I’m single?
The Betrayal & Beyond Workbook was designed to answer these questions and more. Created to be experienced in a group setting, this resource provides valuable tools, biblical wisdom, and testimonies by courageous women who found hope, help, and encouragement through their personal journey.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
FASHIONING A COURAGEOUS HEART
MANAGING THE CRISIS
Chapter One – Where Do I Start?
- How Can I Trust Him?
- Why It’s Not My Fault: The Origins of Sexual Addiction
- How Can I Tell If He Is Healing? How Can I Trust Him Again?
- What Do I Do Now? Where Do I go from Here?
Chapter Two – Understanding the Nature of Addiction
- Understanding Addiction & Healing
- Understanding the Effect of Addiction on the Brain
- How the Sex Addict’s Brain is Hijacked
- Understanding Disclosure & Generational Curses
Chapter Three – Commitment to Personal Healing
- What is Broken in Our Marriage?
- What is Broken from My Past?
- What is Broken in Me?
- What is Broken in My Spirit?
MY HEALING JOURNEY
Chapter Four – Trauma’s Undercurrent
- What is Trauma?
- Trauma’s Influence in My Healing Journey
- God’s Grace Trumps Trauma
- Getting Unstuck from Trauma’s Hold
Chapter Five – Untangling Unhealthy Relationships
- Is it Trauma or Codependency
- The Mask of Codependency
- Losing Yourself Behind the Mask
- Lifting the Mask to Heal the Wounds
- God Esteem: Your True Identity
Chapter Six • Healthy Boundaries
- Steps to the New Dance: Boundaries
- Steps to the New Dance: Balance
- Steps to the New Dance: My Safety
- Stepping out with the New Dance Moves
THE COURAGEOUS ROAD TO RESTORATION
Chapter Seven – Facing My Grief and Anger
- The Stages of Grief
- Unhealthy Anger
- Healthy Anger
- Grieving Your Losses
Chapter Eight – Healing and Forgiveness
- What is Forgiveness?
- Why Should I Forgive?
- Whom Do I Forgive?
- How Do I Forgive?
Chapter Nine – Restoring Health and Closeness
- The Addict’s Perspective
- The Wife’s Perspective: Should I Stay or Should I Leave?
- A Healthy Marriage Perspective on Intimacy and Sex
- A Perspective for the Future
Memo of Understanding * Group Guidelines * Brain Benders
The Feelings Wheel * Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Emotions * Alphabetized Emotions
Safety Plan for Single Women
What a Polygraph Test Can and Cannot Do
Developing Intimacy Exercise
Couple’s Safety Plan
Facing BOOK STUDY GROUP: Betrayal & Beyond
Participant Limit: 6 members
Dates: TWO SESSIONS TO CHOOSE FROM: Three times a month, beginning;
* Wednesday Evenings: January 8th – September 30, 2020 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm ET
* Friday Morning: January 10 through August 20, 2020 9am ET
(If these dates and times don’t work for you, please add your name to our study group wait list)
Venue: Secret Facebook Group AND Weekly Zoom* Video Share
The sharing is VERY valuable! This is where we really synthesize and commit these changes neurologically. We see that healing is possible by learning from one another, and hearing perspectives that validate where we are, and show us other, positive viewpoints that we can assimilate. * Zoom is a small install on your computer, tablet or smartphone that can be accessed by clicking on the link you’ll receive in your email.
Video Meetings: Format: Each week we’ll all get an assignment to read pages and do the exercises. We can share our questions, comments, experiences and feelings in a private, secret Facebook group that is limited to members only. No one outside the 8 people who are in the current group will have access to this group, or be able to see it, or your membership in the group.
We’ll meet confidentially via Zoom video chat to discuss homework, our response to the materials, and a check in for sharing where we currently are, struggles and victories.
All participants will be expected to agree to confidentiality and safety, and a commitment to do the work, and be held accountable by other members of the group.
Cost: $60 per month – this does not include the price of the book.
** Cancellation Policy ** No refunds after 7 days of enrollment, less a $5.00 cancellation fee. Or a credit can be applied to a future groups to be used within a year.
Wednesdays, January 8 through August 2020 8pm ET, Fridays, January 10 through August 20, 2020 9am ET